This post will demonstrate the creation of a lightswitch application
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Select File > New Project and select LightSwitch Application (C#) template from the Installed Templates list.
- Change the application’s Name to OnlineOrderApp and click OK
- You'll be now presented with a screen to either Create a New Table (if the app is being created with an all new database) or Attach to External Database if you need to use LightSwitch as a front-end to an existing database.
- Click on Create a New Table option from the list.
- Add fields to the table (Customer) as given below and save the project
- Next we’ll create a new data entry screen for the table we created.
- In the Solution explorer, right click Screens and then select Add screen.
- Select New Data Screen and name the screen CreateNewCustomer. Select Customer as the screen data. This will create a new screen with the controls and labels for the Customer entity.
- You can change the default settings for the properties as given below.
- Save the project and run the application to add the customer details.
- You can use the Create new customer screen to add new customer details.
- Similarly you can add more screens to the applications, like a search screen for customers as given below.
- Run the application to verify the functionality.
Next we’ll see how to add multiple data sources to the application and extend the application and add more functionality.