One of the most interesting and new features of Visual studio online is “Monaco”, the online code editor. With Monaco, you get a free, lightweight online code editor that is accessible from any device or platform and allows you to perform almost any tasks that can be done from a VS IDE.
To access Monaco follow the steps given below.
- Open the Azure management portal
- Click on websites and choose your website, which you want to edit using Monaco
- Scroll down to the till you find the extensions tile on the website configurations section.
- Click on the extensions and choose to add the visual studio online extension
- After adding the extension, browse to see the code on the portal
- On the let navigation panel, choose the Git icon to clone the vs online repository from the Git repository
- Start editing the code from the browser.
- After editing you can see the Git notifications for the changed files.
- Click on this icon and commit the changes
- Publish the changes and access the website to see your changes live!!!!