Those who keep a close look at the codeplex would have already noticed the release of the new Enterprise Library version (4.0) March CTP. The interesting news is that now you have a version which supports Visual Studio 2008 installation. (I was having a lot of problems configuring Enterprise Library 3.1 in my laptop which only had a Visual Studio 2008 installed).
Issues in the release:
The copyassemblies.bat file does not work!!!
Refer to the post http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=15938 in CodePlex with the fixed batch file.
Here is the summary of some interesting changes
- Has the Allow Partially-Trusted Caller attribute (APTCA) on all assemblies. This means that you can call the methods of Enterprise Library and the application blocks from an application running in a partial trust environment.
- You can replace the CacheManager class with the custom implementation if required. This does not affect the API of the application block or the existing CacheManager.
- Implements new performance counters for Caching, Data, Exception and other application blocks.
- Multiple ruleset support for Validation application block.
- Policy injection block supports Validation Ruleset name and an order parameter for all the handlers which will specify the order of execution of the handlers.